Learn to freedive down to a maximum depth of 20m/66 feet!
This program teaches fundamental Freediving techniques for comfortable enjoyment in the aquatic world to depths of 20m / 66ft. You will also practice Static Apnea to help develop your breath-holding abilities and in-water comfort.
Your PFI Freediver course will cover fundamental topics such as:
- Essential Safety procedures for Breath-Holding at Freediver Level
- Proper Breathing Techniques for Freediving and Snorkeling
- Confined-Water skill development i.e. Static Apnea
- Open-Water skill development i.e. technique for Deep Diving!
- Equalization for Deep Diving
- Equipment for Freediving and Snorkeling
- The fundamental Physics & Physiology of Freediving—what happens to your body at depths!
Is this course for you?
- You’re interested in learning the fundamental techniques of Freediving
- You’re new to Freediving
- You typically dive in the shallows
- You want to dive Safely
- You want to hold your breath Longer
- You want to Dive Deeper
Download and review the PFI Medical Form. If you respond YES to any of the questions, you may need to receive a doctor’s approval to take part in the course. Email us if you have any questions about the medical form.
Course Format and Duration
This course is taught by a certified, highly trained PFI Instructor. The PFI Freediver course includes:
- Hands on Classroom Sessions
- Confined-Water Session
- Open-Water Session
The course duration is dependent upon location, will run from 2½ Days – 3 days.
- Swimming or Snorkeling experience
- Good health and fitness
–see PFI Medical Form
- Be 12 years of Age or Older
*Those under the age of 18 require written permission from a legal guardian
What to Bring
For this course, each diver is responsible for bringing his or her own equipment (some Rental Gear is available):
Front Line Freediving partners with Maverick America and is proud to offer students 15% off any equipment purchase prior to or during course.
- Mask and Snorkel
- Full Wetsuit (3mm for warm-water locations; 5-7mm for cold-water locations)
- Timing Device or Dive Computer
The PFI Freediving Course fee is $395 dollars plus boat fees. The cost of tuition includes the following:
- Personalized instruction from a certified, highly trained freediving instructor
- Guaranteed Student to Instructor/Assistant Ratio 5:1
- PFI Freediver student manual & workbook
- Pool and Classroom
- Open-Water instruction
- Front Line Freediving T-Shirt
- Certification card
A boat fee of $80 dollars will be applied in addition to course tuition.
Front Line Freediving operates out of Wilmington North Carolina. We hope to offer classes in Jackson Wyoming and South Andros Bahamas, as well as in many additional locations in 2016. Contact me directly if you don’t see a course that fits your schedule or location. Not all course programs are posted on this website.
Registration and Payment Details
To secure your spot we require your completed Registration Form and a minimum deposit of 50% down payment. Any outstanding course balance is due before the start of the course. See our Course Schedule to register today.