Learn to freedive down to a maximum depth of 16m/55 feet!
This program teaches fundamental Freediving techniques for comfortable enjoyment in the aquatic world to depths of 16m / 55ft. You will also practice Static and Dynamic Apnea to develop your breath-holding abilities and in-water comfort.
Front Line Freediving is proud to offer the most comprehensive PADI Freediving courses on the market. You will learn techniques specific to freediving that will take your diving ability to the next level. Throughout each of the courses we focus on diving safely, with proper technique, while utilizing the Frenzel method for equalization.
With a maximum of 4 students per class, you are guaranteed the one-on-one instruction you and your diving deserve. The course length will vary depending upon which class you select, ranging from 1 to 3 days of instruction.
Your PADI Freediver will cover:
- Essential Safety procedures for Breath-Holding at Freediver Level
- Proper Breathing Techniques for Freediving and Snorkeling
- Confined-Water skill development i.e. Static and Dynamic Apnea
- Open-Water skill development
- Equalization for Deep Diving
- Equipment for Freediving and Snorkeling
- The fundamental Physics & Physiology of Freediving—what happens to your body at depths!
Prior To Class
- PADI Freediver Touch Online Learning System
- Front Line Freediving’s Exclusive one-on-one Frenzel Equalizing Session
- Equalizing sessions can be held in-person or over Skype/Facetime
- Equalizing is the toughest technique to master while freediving. To help set you up for success we work with you to learn the Frenzel method before class; a benefit that is not provided in most other courses
- 4 to 6 Hours Classroom Time
- 4 to 6 Hours of Pool Training
- 2x Open Water Training Sessions (3 hours each)
- All open water sessions are held in Troy springs. This means NO boat fee.
- Classes taking place in Springs or other land-locked locations will not rely on any outside entity
- Course Prerequisites
- Must be 15 Years of age
- We can accommodate students as young as 12 in our Basic Freedive Class
- Must be comfortable in the water and know how to swim well
- Complete the PADI Medical Waiver with all responses as “No”
- If any answers are marked “Yes” you must be examined by a Physician and provide proof of approval to dive
- The sea state varies from day to day. We may experience some rough seas during a class and will communicate prior to your class how best to prepare
Why Choose Front Line Freediving?
- Learn to equalize using the Frenzel technique before class, setting you up for success
- Maximum 4 students per course, guaranteed more one-on-one instructor/student time
- Courses designed to provide more time and in turn better results
- Private boat means no dive shop crowds, more time diving and the flexibility to deal with weather
- All students receive 15% off for life on all freediving and spearfishing equipment at Front Line Freediving (Online and In-Store)
Equipment needed for class
- For this course, each diver is responsible for bringing his or her own equipment
- Rental Gear is Available
- Front Line Freediving is proud to offer students 15% off any equipment purchase for life in our shop.
- Mask and Snorkel
- Full Wetsuit (3mm for warm-water locations; 5-7mm for cold-water locations)
- Timing Device or Dive Computer (Optional)
Course Location and Schedule
Scuba Monkey Dive Center
13585 NW 101ST DR STE 700
ALACHUA FL 32615
- Saturday: 8-12 Classroom. 1-5 Confined water (pool)
- Sunday: 8-2 Open-water. Times may vary due to weather.
- Classroom, pool and open water sessions are at different locations. Plan for roughly 15-45 minute drives from Alachua FL.